All information contained on the site is believed to be accurate and complete at the time of publication. Since much of the information is subject to change The Angus and Area Chamber of Commerce (AACC) assumes no liability whatsoever for any damages or loss arising from errors and omissions.
The information provided on the site is published with the intent that it is readily available for personal and non-commercial use. Unless otherwise noted, the user may not modify, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, create derivative works from, or sell any information obtained from the site. The user has a reasonable right to use the detail available on the site for personal, corporate or public research, as well as for educational purposes.
The materials and services provided by the site are provided “as is”. AACC may make changes to the site at any time without notice.
The information posted on the site includes links to information created and maintained by stakeholders and other public and/or private organizations. These links are provided solely for the user’s information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of linked websites. AACC does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website, nor does AACC endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, the views they express or the products/services they offer.
AACC is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites. AACC is not responsible for or liable in any way for commercial transactions that users transact with linked websites. AACC cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
The information, products, and services published on the site may include inaccuracies or errors. AACC does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims all liability for any errors or other inaccuracies relating to the information and description of content displayed on the site (including, without limitation, pricing, photographs, product descriptions, etc.). AACC makes no guarantees about the availability of specific products and services and expressly reserves the right to correct any errors.
AACC makes no representations about the suitability of the information, products, and services contained on the site for any purpose, and the inclusion or offering of products or services on the site does not constitute any endorsement or recommendation of such products or services. AACC disclaims all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. All information, products, and services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
AACC disclaims all warranties and conditions that the site, its servers or any email that may be sent from AACC and/or stakeholders suppliers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
AACC, its directors, officers, contractors, and suppliers are not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any stakeholder or third-party suppliers or for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom. AACC has no liability and will make no refund in the event of any delay, cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure, or other causes beyond their direct control, and has no responsibility for any additional expense, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. In no event shall AACC be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with users’ access to, display of or use of the site or with the delay or inability to access, display or use the site (including, but not limited to, users’ reliance upon opinions appearing on the site; any computer viruses, information, linked sites, products, and services obtained through the site; or otherwise arising out of the access to, display of or use of the site) whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise.
AACC takes your privacy and protection of your personal information very seriously. AACC will ensure that relevant legislative guidelines (including PIPEDA) with respect to privacy are adhered to at all times. This includes but is not limited to:
- Limiting the collection and retention of information about individuals (users, clients, suppliers, etc.), stakeholders and organizations that are required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation
- Making all reasonable efforts to ensure that information collected is accurate, complete and accessible for review by the parties from whom it was collected
- Ensuring that all reasonable efforts are made to inform stakeholders and individuals about planned use/disclosure in the collection, storage, use, protection and retention of information
- Ensuring that all reasonable efforts are made to store information through hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal
This site utilizes cookies. Cookies are small amounts of information stored on your hard drive that help with navigation around our sites or save you from re-entering information entered previously. For example, when signing in as a registered user on the site, a cookie is stored on your computer so that you are recognized as a registered user and are allowed access to restricted features and information.
As a site user, you do not have to accept cookies. Most browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies; these settings, however, can be set to not accept cookies by changing the browser settings on your computer.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you by using their respective Ad Preferences pages. You can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely through your cookie settings or by permanently using a browser plugin. To change your ad settings, visit Google Ad Preferences.
Security: AACC continually reviews and updates its security safeguards to ensure that the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems are maintained. These safeguards include physical, technical and procedural controls including the use of security software and encryption protocols.
If you register to use the site: we may ask you for certain contact details. All contact information is stored on our server, which has built-in security and is not available to unauthorized persons.
AACC collects and retains personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with access to proprietary AACC resources
- To store information on your behalf, for your future reference and ease of reference
- To verify your identity as an employee or official of a bona fide tourism business or organization within Simcoe County
- To process your requests for services
- To communicate with you if you have questions or request information, or regarding services that you have requested
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- To help us determine what users are most interested in, and help us tailor our services to meet their requirements, we also collect information on the general usage of the site, such as pages visited and resources downloaded
AACC does NOT share this information with any third parties. AACC may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- To contractors employed by AACC to provide technical services in support of this online service
- As authorized or required by law